When your ad is clicked by someone searching on the internet it sends them to a landing page on your website.
This is already a hot lead as they are searching for what you are offering
This landing page could be your home page, but it is better if it is a specifically designed landing page to reflect what you are advertising.
For this click, you pay the search engine a bid fee. hence, its name “pay per click.” PPC
If your PPC campaign is well-designed and running smoothly, that fee will be trivial, because the visit is worth more to your business than what you pay for it.
For example, if you pay £2.50 for a click, but the click results in a £350 sale, then using PPC is a no-brainer
This is the most popular PPC advertising platform in the world. Google commands approximately 80% of internet searches. Therefore, when you create your ads with google you can be sure that the reach is vast.
Every time a search is initiated, Google digs into the pool of AdWords advertisers and chooses a set of winners to appear in the valuable ad space on its search results page. The “winners” are chosen based on a combination of factors, including the quality and relevance of their keywords and ad campaigns, as well as the size of their keyword bids.
It is an auction with the highest bidder getting their ads shown. This is where the skill is required, finding keywords and phrases that are relevant but not too expensive to bid for. Thus, ensuring a return on the advertising campaign.
The Google ads appear at the top and sometimes bottom of a search engine results page (SERP).
If you want
- To grow customer awareness– Find people who are actively looking for products and services that you offer
- To generate leads at an affordable cost– Because pay-per-click marketing allows you to reach leads and prospects when they’re researching and looking to buy, it’s a highly effective way to bring interested visitors to your site
Pay-Per-Click marketing can work for almost any kind of business,
- Selling products on an e-commerce website,
- Generating leads for a service-based business,
- Building brand awareness,
- Driving phone calls to your local business.